Thursday, January 2, 2014

That Goal List


This here is a big year for me. I celebrate my champagne birthday this year! 23 on the 23rd. I have literally been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember. Weird, I know. But in middle school I developed a severe obsession with all things 23 (not like the movie 23 but close in a happier way). For a quick explanation...I was born on the 23rd, 2 times 3 is 6 the month I was born in (June), Ryan asked me to be his girlfriend on January 23rd, 2004 and his partner forever on July 23rd, 2013.

So what better way to kick this year off right than a list of 23 things to accomplish. Now as much as I am a lister I'm not the best with commitment and fully accomplishing things I've set out before in the past. Originally I was thinking I would make this list simple, easy but fun things to get done. HOW BORING. NO! I've re-decided that in order to invest into this at all I need to set some dramatic, inspiring, challenging goals worth tracking and checking off. So with the help of my life partner here we are:

1. Blog once a day for a year - I gotta document this don't I?!
2. Run at least 3 road races
3. Go on a hot air balloon ride
4. Watch all Battlestar Galactica and Dr. Who episodes
5. Book all wedding related things
6. Write gratitude letters
7. Watch the sunrise
8. Learn one new recipe each week (that's 52 dishes!)
9. Go on 2 mini road-trips
10. Volunteer somewhere I never have before
11. Pay my credit card regularly
12. Limit electronics time on Sundays to one hour
13. Run the Seawheeze half-marathon in Vancouver, BC
14. Go to my first NHL game
15. Start learning American Sign Language
16. More date nights with my momma
17. Get my first mala beads
18. Hold a hand stand for 10 seconds
19. Get a mani/pedi
20. Write a poem
21. Throw Ryan a kickass 23rd birthday too!
22. Be intentional. Write a daily intention each morning.
23. Drink champagne on my champagne birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment